Dewatering for Product Concentration
- A consumer based Chemical producer had developed a process requiring precise dewatering for product concentration. After conceptual design a specification was written and offered to several prequalified companies for competitive bid.
- A stringent CIP protocol outwardly dictated the use of a highly polished piping interior with sanitary valves, instruments, pumps and tanks.
- The bidding indicated soaring project costs making the product no longer profitable, the project was put on hold, likely to be abandoned.
- When offered an opportunity to value engineer the design many economies were found. The project costs were brought into budget and all went forward.
- The design was successful and has since been replicated.